For 20 years NB Medical Education www.nbmedical.com has been the market leader in running GP Update courses in the UK and Ireland, with over 17,000 GP’s attending our courses per year. We are passionate about primary care, and committed to helping busy primary care professionals practice evidence-based medicine in an easy, time efficient way.
Our teaching is focused on the patient, the problems they bring us and how best we can help them.
The “Hot Topics” course consists of a series of short ‘Ted-style’ engaging presentations blending evidence and cases, followed by discussion which may have an impact on your practice. Courses are RCGP Accredited, attendees will be awarded 6 CPD points. The course comes with a number of extra resources to give it incredible ‘added value’
- A fully referenced book with recent summaries of the evidence for approximately 150 clinical Hot Topics commonly seen in primary care. Most of our delegates use this every day, like they use the BNF. All of the material is up to date and the material is completely 100% independent from any external influence.
- 12 months access to the on-line electronic version of the book which is instantly searchable. All the original references and resources for GPs (e.g. links to on-line clinical calculators) and patients (e.g. patient information leaflets) are hyperlinked and just one click away.
- A CPD tracker with which you can track your CPD, including external CPD and your work with the book. At the end of the year with just one click it will collate all of this into a single pdf summary for your appraisal
- Access to the webcast at no extra cost! The webcast will "go live" approximately 6 weeks following the close of the campaign and will allow you to watch, review and refresh, all of the information you heard on the day!
Accompanying the course is a detailed reference book summarising all the clinical 'Hot Topics' and online access to the booklet with multiple KISS ('keep it simple summaries') for common and important conditions to give you quick evidence-based answers. The electronic form is designed to be used in consultations. It is instantly searchable, and hyper-linked to original sources of information and multiple time-saving resources for you and your patient.
We surveyed our delegates on a recent course and in answer to the question... 'has new knowledge gained on the course translated into a change in clinical practice?' 97% answered yes.
- 72% of delegates regularly use the material to find evidence based answers to clinical problems
- 81% use the course to help with appraisal and revalidation
- 67% use the material for their own in-house teaching and training
Hopefully by attending this one day course it will ignite your enthusiasm for primary care and the amazing job that you do as well as help you do what we all want to do: to give our patients the best possible care.
Each delegate will be presented with a certificate of attendance awarding 6 credits of CPD for the full day course.
The Hot Topics course is accredited by the Royal College of General Practitioners. The original and still the best GP Update course. Providing non-biased 100% independent course material.
Courses being held in 2019 throughout the UK and Ireland, including Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen and Edinburgh. Find out more at www.nbmedical.com
- Member for
- 3 years 11 months